Saturday, November 29, 2008

thanks and thanksgiving

I love thanksgiving more than the other holidays. My soul feels healthy to not only be thankful but to try to act out this thankfulness. So in the spirit of the holiday, I want to list some things God has brought to mind this week I’m deeply thankful for.

1. I’m so very thankful I got to go to the Johnson’s for thanksgiving. They were gracious and fun. I ate too much and laughed too hard. I’m deeply grateful they adopted me into their family for the day.

2. I’m thankful that Jesus makes all things new. He makes broken things whole again. He mends torn hopes and breathes life into us when we feel lifeless. When we feel lost he finds us. When we are on the wrong path he rights us. He restores. And he’s doing these things for me as my fingers hit these keys. I’m so thankful.

3. I’m thankful for pepperoni pizza. No explanation is needed.

4. I’m deeply thankful I’m able to go home this year for Christmas. I don’t think I can express to my parents and sister how badly I need them or how much I love them. I’m ready for some Bebe time and the pork chops that come with it.

5. I’m very very thankful for my friends in Austin (and that I’ll see the three of them very soon). I can’t tell Kirk Gentzel how great a friend he’s been to me, especially in the last 6 months. I wish I had the words. I’ll get to watch an old movie with Cara, listen to Christmas music with David, hug both Woodards, and eat Christmas dinner with James kwon. I’m a lucky guy. I mean it.

6. I’m thankful for the scenery only found on an island in the south pacific. Its beautiful even when I don’t notice.

Of course I could go on and on. I really am blessed more than I deserve.

1 comment:

jam kwon said...

I'm thankful for your bebe.

and tatoo ink.

damn I'm excited.