Wednesday, July 9, 2008

i've been here 10 days

Guam is a beautiful place. i mean it. i get lost in my brain looking out over the water at the waves and clouds as they seem to meet somewhere in the horizon. gas is $4.92 a gallon as of today and strawberries are over $6 most places, but its free to walk and drive and breath with your eyes open.

i'm praying for creativity and vision right now... ideas flood my head, but none seem to stick at the moment. i know i want to meet students. i forgot how awkward most first meetings are with students who don't know you and don't have a reason to know you any better than they know john doe. this week is the week i ask a few ive met out to coffee or a sandwhich or whatever. i just actually lifted my coffee cup in a cheers to getting stood up a few times and looked at like im a strange stalker or cult-starter. indeed, here's to that.

10 comments:

DF said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dayna said...

Hi Austin, I am glad you made it to Guam. I know you will make a difference in the lives of the students there. I cannot wait to see and hear more about your experiences. Give Tara a hug from me!

Darleen Bacon said...

hey man- good idea with the blog. i miss u man and i especially miss enjoying a peanut butter dream shake with u!! i'll be online every other week or so, but i'll try to keep up with ur new life in guam! keep the faith. im praying for u brother. john 15:13

Darleen Bacon said...

that was me jesse by the way. im on my cousins computer

Stecawoo said...

i was starting to wonder who "darleen" was.

and don't feel so bad, people stood you up here too.

austin said...

good point stephen... good point. i remember going to conn college and having me and you be the only ones there... that happened a few too many times actually.

B. Simp said...

I personally think anyone who doesn't want to get to know Austin Evers sucks! But seriously, if you can do ministry in new england and succeed (whatever succeeding in ministry means) you can do it anywhere! I'm proud of you! love love

Laura said...

Keep the faith that God has and will use you wherever he leads. I remember a conversation about choices and the after effect. Even if things don't go the way you plan and the college kids don't show up as fast or in as large numbers as you would like, sometimes you just have to say. "I'm here God. I've made my choice, how can you use me now?"

God is doing good things.

hatsjeansboots said...

Skid,
I raise my cup to you. If they think your strange and/or a stalker, what would they think of me, blue jean shorts, cowboy hat, and boots?
love,
Dad

austin said...

they'd like you for sure dad... everyone likes you! love you a lot!